How was it?
I must confess that it was a bit better the second time around since the first time was just like a test and that was it. Listening more carefully to it the second time around made it better since the words finally sank in.
Cyndi was trying to prove to others that she was able to sing a variety of music in this one or something. Because the style was changing from one to the next drastically. Possibly establishing a new image after signing with Gold Typhoon?
She preserved some sense of cuteness along with the mature look. It was a good choice since adapting to the new look slowly would make fans and others accept it better. I was also glad she was not thinking of going the cute route forever. Yes, she was still cute but moving on when she did not feel like being cute anymore was more admirable. No point in maintaining the fake image.
1. Happy Loving – An upbeat song to start the CD off and a very nice one at that. A little playful at the beginning and it continued spreading that theme throughout the song.
2. Heart To Heart (心電心) – Another upbeat song.
3. I’m Fine, How About You? (我很好,那麼你呢?) – Sad song and it brought out many points about breaking up and getting back to the old lifestyle. Lots of feelings brought into the song. Yet there was this hollow feeling within. Nicely done.
4. Don’t Say It/ Don’t Speak (別說) – Another sad song yet the beat made it slightly better since it wasn’t as bad as the other songs in here? No idea but it was like the feeling of knowing someone wanted to leave yet you still wanted to cling onto something and knowing that you can’t stop that person from leaving anyway.
5. I’m Fine (我會更好) – I actually like this song very much after taking the words in better. There was a sadness within after realizing what was not going to be yet there was a declaration to move on, to get better. There was this strong, determined fiber within than just the usual morbid words used to describe those typical situations.
6. I Like You, What I Should I Do? (喜歡你怎麼辦) – The main theme for Momo Love. It gave off a very good, humorous feeling to it–maybe because of how the drama was. What was more was that it really fitted with the feeling of the drama as a whole, falling in love and waiting for the answer. Also, the feeling of falling in love for the first time. It really touched all elements of it through different descriptions.
7. Shining – A fun and exciting song. Her emotions flowed into this song, making it even more lively. A song full of hope and promise after listening to various sad songs. It really gave a different feeling to the album as an overall.
8. Really Love (很愛) – A very, very sad song because of its usual tune of broken promises and contradicting behaviors in a relationship. Cyndi made it sound even sadder. There was this coldness within, which tied in with the song really well. I especially like the last two phrases where she sang “It was you who taught me to believe, but what should I believe in?” Nice approach of getting the message across without sounding too whiny to end the song. I was almost saying “Exactly” at the end (in agreement of course) because of the contradictory words/actions from the other party.
9. Mr. Honey – This caught on after a while because I wasn’t as addicted to the first few verses until it went into the second part. Somewhat sweet song. Another change after a very depressing song.
10. Little Star (小星星) – The sub-theme for Momo Love. Nice one. Maybe because I kept linking it to the drama itself that I connected it to the events in the drama and thought that it was very nice. It had this delicate feeling to it and somewhat subtle yet enough.
There were five MVs in this DVD but it only contained 3 songs in total because the other two were actually tutorial videos to the dance steps of “Happy Loving” and “Heart To Heart”.
1. Happy Loving MV – This reminded me oddly of Cyndi’s MV for “Beauty” (from Cyndi Begin). Maybe because it had some feeling of the ‘wow’ element at the beginning of the MV. The MV gave off both feelings of cuteness and somewhat of a mature aspect. Somehow, there was this classy style to it. Possibly the outfits? Not sure.
2. Heart to Heart MV – Fun and cute MV.
3. I’m Fine, What About You? MV – Somehow after all the hype over it, I felt like it wasn’t what I expected, especially the beginning of the MV with the outburst. I had a feeling that it was a bit over. But the scenes after that was fine with how it was hard getting used to the normal lifestyle after the breakup. I actually enjoyed listening to the song more though the imagery wasn’t that bad.
What other goodies were included in the commemorate version aside from the 5 MVs? There were 6 high-quality postcards with a picture stand to place the pictures in however you like it. Nice packaging with this and you might want to be careful with it. It took a little effort to open but worth it since it was to ensure it was in one piece.
Check this post for different versions of the album.
*All images were scanned by DTLCT