The saga continued and the hype didn’t die down because the cases were as interesting and the team as hilarious. However, there were some changes in the cast here and there, and also some additions as well.
- Amami Yuki as Osawa Eriko. She got crazier than the first part? NOT sure, but still witty. I felt it was interesting that since her boyfriend and her broke up already, she and Shinjiro sort of got together at that one diner/bar more to eat and talk, etc. Interesting. Still a witty boss and all.
- Tamayama Tetsuji as Katagiri Takuma. I think he got a tad funnier or was he becoming looser since he already conquered his past demons? Possible since the men would end up gathering at some sushi restaurant to train him to be more social, etc. It was hilarious to see him trying to learn. It was also a tad too funny how he was inexperienced with girls. BUT still cute. Felt really sad that he and that girl didn’t make it through.
- Toda Erika as Kimoto Mami. OMG! I felt she got robbed! Or was she too busy filming some other drama that she could only make time for some scenes? YET I felt her character was so cool in here. It was consistent with the previous one and how she was growing stronger and stronger–after Eriko chided her that one time to build herself up, etc. She could even detonate bombs. Then there was the rescue scene with Ippei. It was funny how they were merging the drama with reality with Ippei/Junpei asking her why she got the heroine scene while he had to be the one being kidnapped since it was usually her scenes, LOL! Her answer was equally hilarious because she said he was falling out with the director (or something like that), lol.
- Mizobata Junpei as Hanagata Ippei. Still silly as always but not really. They revealed more about him in here and how and why he got into the team? That was some story and his kindness paid off, making the difference between him and this other classmate.
- Kendo Kobayashi as Iwai Zenji. I don’t know what to say about him except more craziness? LOL!
- Nukumizu Youichi as Yamamura Keisuke. What made me want to laugh at him even more at times (that I forgot to mention in the other review) was how he often thought of wanting to become the leader, ordering them around and assigning their tasks. That held true for the scene where Eriko almost got replaced, and how he was issuing orders YET no one listened. But when Takuma was telling them who got assigned what tasks and all, they listened and left without complaints. LOL! What made it a bit annoying was he was after the young girl. Quite crazy and somewhat disturbing at the same time.
- Narumi Riko as Kurohara Rika. One of the new girls of the team and was quite a computer genius all right. I wouldn’t mind seeing her again–if they make Season 3. Quite sad with how she found out her father was behind the whole conspiracy during the last case though. Tragic.
- Hasegawa Kyoko as Tadokoro Sachiko. One of the new ones on the team as well. Though she was attempting to be charming and witty at times, I can’t seem to like her. YES, she was talented to a point that made her special and fit with the team. Her background was a mixture of pitiful (i.e. the incident with her husband) and mysterious (with her being the mole). YET I couldn’t find myself liking her. It wasn’t because she was supposed to be the mole but it was just too trying. I don’t know. Maybe it was just me. She didn’t really want to harm the team anymore after being through so much with them but I still didn’t care as much.
- Takenouchi Yutaka as Nodate Shinjiro. Still somewhat witty and mega-crazy. He might have gotten crazier though.
- Kichise Michiko as Narahashi Reiko. OMG! She went and got married, leaving them with some newbie. I kind of miss her though her scenes weren’t much at times. Yet she was part of the team more or less, not to mention her witty exchanges with Eriko. Then there was the whole not letting Shinjiro get all close with her either, lol. YUP, definitely missed her in this part.
- Shiomi Sansei as Onoda Tadashi. Didn’t pay attention to him much for this part but I guess he was okay in here? Don’t remember since finished watching awhile back.
- Mitsuishi Ken as Tanba Hirohisa. One of the most surprising things was seeing him all timid and scared near the end, like releasing the team on purpose so they could go and solve the case (aka stop the terrorists). Interesting turn YET I guess he realized how much he needed the team after all. (YUP, like no them, he wouldn’t be receiving all the attention with being a successful leader. And yeah, sarcasm here.)
YUP, bringing back this theme again.
- Osawa Eriko and Nodate Shinjiro. Reconsider or not? But he’s just such a player at times that it’s so unpredictable. Maybe better to see them as friends? OR bickering friends? LOL!
- Katagiri Takuma and Kimoto Mami. UM…I swear the part where the team found her and saved her in time again, Takuma was the one holding her and seeing if she was all right, etc. He was sort of feeling her face and seeing how worried he was (like the others), I swear I sort of bought it as a possible start. BUT I guess that was just me being delusional. Then there was the part where he was hesitant to call this one girl and I thought it was Mami because it made sense that she was away and he would miss her, etc. LOL! Oh well…wishful thinking again.
What I found extremely interesting about this part was learning about how Shinjiro hadn’t just somehow talked the other superiors into just getting a team for Eriko to supervise. YET he had personally chosen them because of their individual talents, which had made up for their weaknesses or carelessness. That was really cool. It made it much more complex to see how attentive and serious he was in putting this team together for Eriko.
AND are they going to make Season 3? I’m so serious here. I’m addicted to watching this team after so many cases later–regardless of small or large cases, simple or complex cases. If they do though, I hope they’re not replacing anyone or wait for the schedules to clear out. Not to mention make sure they give a decent time for each like in Season 1, especially how Erika could stay for more scenes.